Monday, November 5, 2018

Swimming pools and skin problems



I wonder if the oxidising chemicals in swimming pools can exacerbate the formation of skin lesions in older and more susceptible people? Lots of my friends at aquarobics have had various small skin cancers other suspicious-looking lesions removed from their skin. Of course we are all at the age when most lesions show up, but is the pool water causing more lesions than we might have experienced otherwise? Most of us attend aquarobics for 2 hours each week and some have home swimming pools as well.

My skin is no gauge, however, since it is that pale European shade that goes with red and sandy blonde hair. It is very susceptible to skin cancers, plus I had multiple bad sunburns as a child and even as an adult. I have only had 2 tiny skin cancers frozen off with nitrogen, one on a forearm and the other next to my nose near my eye.

When I visited a dermatologist after nearly going insane with itchy growths on my scalp he found a suspicious lump near the back of my neck. The head lumps were not even worth investigating! But the back one made him exclaim "I think we have a cancer here!" That gave me the heeby jeebies as I had no idea it was there; so the doc ordered a biopsy and I had to wait two weeks for that appointment.

It occurred to me that anti-oxidants might be good for curing, or at least shrinking, a rough, dry skin patch so I slathered the spot with rosehip oil every day until the biopsy. Please don't treat yourself before seeing a doctor! I certainly don't. I always ask my GP about any "suss" new moles or rough patches and she usually has an answer. When in doubt she sends me straight to the dermatologist.


Meanwhile the biopsy was done and the result was negative! The dermatologist was quite surprised and I was very relieved. Probably the growth was not malignant in the first place, but it was certainly benign when the sample was punched out! Now I routinely apply rosehip oil to any strange, rough or extra-dry spots on my skin and have had no further skin cancer diagnoses.

Yesterday I came across this article which seems well-written and seems quite relevant for people with concerns about pool chemicals. And I am NOT a person who has worries about our lives being ruined by "all those chemicals" that are everywhere these days.

The chemical reactions taking place in your swimming pool


Dear readers, please look up your own references as I have a pile of 37 drafts for blog posts that I haven't put up because I was worried about references!

Article from c & en. Chemical and engineering news. Published by the American Chemical Society. Permission to re-publish sought.


This is the published standard for maintaining pools and spas in South Australia:

http://satic.com.au/images/uploads/documents/6592_SAH_Pool_Standard_Jun13.pdf


All sensible comments welcome.

3 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
    herbal cure for, FEVER, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER, BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE, PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, CYSTIC FIBROSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B. DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC PANCERATIC, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endomertil Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking around for this kind of information. Will you post some more in future? I’ll be grateful if you will.

    Ophthalmic Equipment Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete